Day 34: A story.
A brilliant post from a brilliant blog: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2009/12/how-far-away-is-your-future.html .
Good point.
A few years ago, when I was a first year student at Edinburgh University (I'm 4th now) I had an Opportunity. Two of my friends were dealing Georgian Wine in Edinburgh (God, that was some wonderful wine!). They'd been doing it for a few years by then already, and were only selling wine to local shops in bulk. Once I asked one of them why they were not dealing wine on the Web, and he said they didn't know how. Then I offered my help and they agreed to let me into their business. However, I never managed to proceed any further than that. Given the amount of free time I had in my first year at uni, I definitely could've made it work out, if not for profit (It was a really small business and both guys left UK a year ago anyway), then at least for the extremely valuable entrepreneurial experience.
What was my excuse then? Very simple - I thought I had too much time. Have you ever had anything similar?
On the positive side, back then I've learned a lesson: grab it as soon as you see it, which, interestingly enough, in real life works for me more like start caring about it a moment before it's too late. Anyway, whatever gets the job done.
How much of the pre-paid "too much" time do you think you still have in your life? What is your allowance for f*** ups like the one I made 3 years ago?
If you ask me, I've ran out of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment