Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Day 109

Day 109

Finally, I made Lissom work. Can't say this is it yet, since I haven't tested for correctness of results, but if you imagine that this project is a long journey by train to a city far away, then the view from the window has now changed from seemingly infinite countryside landscapes to urban scenery. Ok, metaphors aside, a quick summary of what's left to do:

- Modify lissom script in order to be able to check the correctness of results produced and fix whatever needs to be fixed (1 day)
- Modify plotting script so that it draws graphs of multi-CPU relative to single-CPU performance improvements (a few hours at most)
- Run series of tests on shared- distributed-memory machines (might take a few days, but I don't need to interact with the tests in any way, just need to start them and collect results when finished)
- Write report (... 5-8 pages per day? ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment