Monday, 1 August 2011

mpi4py and Cray's compiler

They don't seem to work together. Basically, the problem is that mpi4py is by default compiled with gcc, however I need to compile it with cc instead to be able to run parallel jobs with aprun. Now, cc gives a bunch of unrecognised compiler flag options (it doesn't understand gcc's flags) when trying to build mpi4py with it. I think I tried pretty much everything I could with what I found on the web to make it work, but no luck so far... I think the options now are:

1) get mpi4py to compile with cc
2) use MPI that is based on gcc (OpenMPI? MPICH2?) if that's possible on Hector.

I posted about this on mpi4py's google group board, seems like they already had to deal with this issue before, so hoping to get some help from there.

Also, am I getting it right: cc actually uses Portland's compiler (pgcc) under the hood? It appears so from the error messages I'm getting

No comments:

Post a Comment